August 27, 2015

Mixed Nuts

WORK STUFF


Defarge Does Chaucer is chugging along.  In the meantime, by all means take advantage of the Cooperative Press Warehouse Sale.  ALL print books are 20 - 30% off for a limited time.  SUCH a deal, I'm telling you!





I'm still working on my Pepperberry Knits cashmere project.  It feels like it's taking forever, but only because I did SO MUCH swatching, and one of the swatches was actually 1/2 or 2/3 the size of the actual item.






The Lambie Toes project is being enthusiastically test knit by my friend Audrey.  I couldn't afford to pay her the $$$ the job was worth, so I bought her the yarn and told her to keep the project when done.  She's enjoying it so much that she's planning to cast on for another one with stash yarn when she's done, LOL.

The pattern will be released at CogKnitive Fiber Retreat in October, where Dizzy Blonde Studios will be vending.  You'll be able to buy a print copy of the pattern (I'll send you the PDF) and buy the yarn for it right there!  After the retreat, the pattern will be available on Ravelry.  Laura will probably be the only one with print copies for sale.

Don't ask about Forest Hills.  It's in time out through no fault of its own.  I probably need to frog and start over again.





Just a few more days left to get $1.00 my cowl pattern Bijou Bijoux, using code BRASS.  Promotion ends when August ends.







FAMILY STUFF

The winner in the category of "first unsolicited college pamphlet mailed to Thing One because The Powers That Be know she's a senior in high school" goes to Berklee College of Music.  Clearly, they do not know this kid.  (A mailer from the US Navy arrived last week.)

This school year is definitely a different one for me.  Much as I was looking forward to the end of my driving kids to school, I'm finding that the forced outing was actually really helpful for making sure I got errands done.  I'll get it figured out.  So far, the only restriction I've put on myself is that I don't let myself do any "work knitting" after 3:00 so that I can focus on the home front.

Thing Two has jumped into high school with both feet.  She's still wrestling with her morning schedule, but she's doing pretty well.  In addition to taking drama, she tried out for the fall play, "As You Like It".  She got a bit part, so her afternoons are crazy, with rehearsal three days a week till 5:30 and band "sectionals" one day a week till 4ish,  Her original plan to try out for the volleyball team went out the window.

Thing Two loves seeing the colors in the sky every
morning as she walks to school,

Next month will be a biggie around here:  Thing Two will get her braces off at last, and Thing One will turn 17.  SEVENTEEN.  Every time I think of it, I hear "I Saw Her Standing There" in my head.  You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment