February 6, 2015

12 in 15 - 2015 Knit From Stash Sock KAL

Inspired by my pal, the prolific (in EVERY way - six kids!) Yarn Yenta (Heatherly Walker), burdened by the embarrassment of riches that is my stash, and spurred on by last year's Operation Sock Drawer successes, I decided to join in the 2015 Knit From Stash Sock KAL*.

Here's the simplest version of how it works:

STEP ONE:
Choose 12 skeins (or batches of skeins) of sock yarn from your stash, each enough to knit a pair of socks.

STEP TWO:
Get 12 opaque bags, such as paper lunch bags.  Put the yarn in the bags and seal them up.

STEP THREE:
Mix up the bags so that you can't remember which yarn is in which bag.  Label each bag, either January - December or 1 - 12.


STEP FOUR:
Each month, open the appropriate bag and knit some socks!


12in15 Month 2 Yarn
Yarn:  Cascade Yarns Heritage
Color:  Blood Orange

I chose not to buy any new patterns, though Heatherly has a club where you could subscribe to get a pattern each month.

So far, I'm just using my go-to toe-up pattern as a jumping-off point and farting around from there.  I did, however, just buy myself THE sock book that will help me figure the perfect toe and heel for every occasion:



I got a late start, due to the aforementioned messed-up Last Socks of 2014, but I finished the January socks on February 1st, so I'm back on track.



2015 First Socks FO
2015 First Socks
Yarn:  Dizzy Blonde Studios Lambie Toes
Color:  Special Hell
For:  ME!

2015 Socks #2 Toesies
February Socks in Progress

Wanna play along?  Tag your photos on Instagram, Ravelry projects, etc. as #knitfromstash and/or #12in15.  Of course, #operationsockdrawer still applies.

Have fun!


* For the non-knitters, KAL = knitalong

No comments:

Post a Comment